Meet the Who’s Who in Natural Beauty: the movers and shakers who are shaping the natural beauty sector in 2022.
There are the CEOs who work late nights and early mornings to make their natural dreams a reality; the experts who can magic up ethical potions that consumers covet; and, of course, the champions who tirelessly share the industry’s successes and push for more positive visibility for organic across the world.
They’re all amazing – and were voted for by you. Thank you for your passion and enthusiasm in helping us compile this master list. We hope you agree that it’s packed full of talent. That’s important because the natural beauty sector will need to draw on all its knowledge, experience and drive to tackle what comes next. With inflation rising and recession imminent it’s time for the sector to, once again, put on its game face and fight for a greener world.
But that’s for another time. Right now, let’s celebrate these incredible professionals and wish them well for a sparkling future.
- THE WELEDA WONDER: Jayn Sterland, managing director, Weleda
- THE FORMULATION FAVOURITE: Lorraine Dallmeier, CEO, Formula Botanica
- THE WINNING COMBINATION: Alex and Kim Barani, co-founders, Kinetic Natural Products Distributor
- THE TRANSPARENT TALENT: Dr Mark Smith, director general, NATRUE
- THE KITCHEN CO-FOUNDERS: Jo and Stuart Chidley, co-founders, Beauty Kitchen
- THE PARLIAMENTARY PETITIONER: Anabel Kindersley, co-owner, Neal’s Yard
- MAKING BRITISH BEAUTY GREAT: Millie Kendall OBE, CEO, British Beauty Council
- THE REFILL REVOLUTIONARY: Anna Brightman, co-founder, UpCircle Beauty
- THE RETAILERS’ RETAILER: Joanne Hill, founder and director, Amaranth
- THE ‘LIFE’ COACH: Amanda Winwood, founder, Made for Life Organics
- THE BRAND BOOSTER: Ailish Lucas, founder, The Glow Getter
- THE QUEEN OF GREEN: Charlotte Vøhtz, founder, Green People
- THE TRUE PLAYER: Emma Thornton, founder, TRUE Skincare
- THE GREEN RETAIL GURU: Vic Wood, founder, Greener Beauty
- ON THE SHORTLIST FOR SUCCESS: Fiona Klonarides, founder, The Beauty Shortlist
- THE MUA WITH MORE: Sjaniël Turrell, holistic make-up artist and beauty writer
- THE ACE OF FAACE: Jasmine Wicks-Stephens, founder, Faace and Known Community
- THE REBEL WITH A CAUSE: Tabitha James Kraan, founder, TJK
- THE SENSITIVE ENTREPRENEUR: James Jardella, founder and CEO, Skin Sapiens
- THE NATURAL COMMUNICATOR: Helen Yeardsley, comms consultant, Y Consultancy
- THE BIG BELIEVER: Joanna Silva, founder, Elan Skincare
- THE TALENT TEACHERS: Gail and Gareth Després, co-founders, School of Natural Skincare
- THE ETHICAL INNOVATOR: Paula Ortega, founder, Whitfords
- THE ORGANIC GENIUS: Georgia Barnes, head of business development, Soil Association
- THE GREEN GENIUS: Julia Vearncombe, co-founder, Skin:Genius
THE RISING STAR: Paige Tracey, business development and marketing officer (beauty & wellbeing), Soil Association