The Natural & Organic Product Europe’s seminar programme will provide exclusive insights for the natural and organic industry when it returns to ExCeL London on 16-17 April. With a firm focus on sustainability, health and organic food systems, the leading trade event has revealed a stellar speaker line-up for 2023.
The confirmed speakers include industry experts such as Lee Holdstock, Senior Trade Relations Manager at the Soil Association Certification; Alex Smith, Founder of Alara Wholefoods; Phil Haughton, Founder of Better Food; Sophie Davies, Head of Food at Planet Organic; Organic Pioneer Craig Sams; and many more.
Event Director Carol Dunning says: “We pride ourselves on delivering a world-class seminar programme with valuable content that supports our industry. This year, it’s imperative to reiterate how important organic is for our food systems, as well as the role retailers play in helping customers live more sustainably. Therefore, we really encourage our visitors to attend these sessions, learn, and feel inspired!”
Natural Talks Theatre
The show’s Natural Products TALKS Theatre has a programme packed with carefully curated content. Alongside trend insights, research and panel discussions, visitors can enjoy dynamic live product pitches and even a tea tasting!
Craig Sams, Author and Executive Chairman of Carbon Gold, will take to the stage to discuss the positive implications of how carbon taxes will make organic food cheaper, whilst reducing greenhouse gas levels and boosting biodiversity. His talk, ‘How carbon pricing will make non-organic food more expensive than organic food’ takes place on 17 April at 10.30am.
Mike Watkins, Head of Retailer and Business and Insight for NielsenIQ will talk about ‘The changing climate of sustainability’ including how consumers think about this issue in their everyday lives, and the role manufacturers and retailers have in helping consumers live a more sustainable lifestyle. This session takes place 17 April at 11am.
Soil Association’s Senior Trade Relations Manager, Lee Holdstock, will moderate an exciting discussion titled ‘The cost and true cost of sustainable food’. In this session Steven Sidhu, Business Lead of Growing Good Technology and Alex Smith, Founder of Alara Wholefoods will consider what may be driving costs in a food system that doesn’t externalise its issues. Hear from organic brands about how they have made trading up to sustainable easier while keeping it accessible for all.
Other notable sessions include:
- What does the public really think of indie health food stores? – Cheryl Thallon, Founder & MD, Viridian Nutrition and Co-owner Sheaf Street Health Store.
- How does your health store compare to others around the UK? – Rosie Greenaway, Editor, Natural Products News & Dominic Roberjot, Publisher, Natural Products News.
- Did you know you can save the world? How to let customers know they can make a difference (Panel: Better Food, Planet Organic, Hodmedods, moderated by Al Overton).
- 10 trends to watch in 2023 – Mary Allen, President & Founder, Natural Brand Works.
- The organic market 50 years on: Where we’ve been and where we’re going – Alex Cullen, Commercial & Marketing Director, Soil Association Certification.
- Health trend spotlight: “Shroom me up!” – the rise of the functional mushrooms (Panel: KÄÄPÄ Biotech, London Nootropics, Good Mushroom Nutrition, moderated by Shona Wilkinson).
- How to create the go-to destination for health & wellbeing – Karen Green, Food Mentor, Buyer-ology
Pitch to the Buyer LIVE with Holland & Barrett
The ever-popular and dynamic Pitch to the Buyer LIVE with Holland & Barrett is back. Five buyers from Holland & Barrett will participate in live product pitches from hand-selected exhibitors from every category – food, beverage, VHMS and beauty. This ‘Dragon’s Den’ style session is a great way for buyers and retailers to see what’s new to market, and for exhibitors to potentially secure a dream listing with a leading retailer.
For the full seminar programme – including the Natural Beauty TALKS Theatre sessions and timings, please visit www.naturalproducts.co.uk/seminars-main.
Register for a free trade ticket
Natural & Organic Products Europe will return to ExCeL London on 16-17 April 2023. To book a stand or register your interest in attending, please visit www.naturalproducts.co.uk.
The post Important sustainability insights to be revealed at Natural & Organic Products Europe appeared first on Natural Products Europe.