The first awards dedicated to sustainability in the international food industry have been launched by Ecovia Intelligence.
The Sustainable Food Awards are open to entries from food companies, ingredient firms, packaging companies, industry associations, and related operators who are helping build a sustainable food industry.
The awards have five categories:
• New Sustainable Product: a new food / beverage product with some important sustainability credentials.
• Sustainable Ingredient: a new ingredient that makes a sustainable difference in terms
of environmental and / or social impact.
• Sustainable Packaging: a new packaging format that has low environmental footprint in terms of design and / or materials.
• Sustainability Pioneer: an operator in the food industry that is a pioneer / leader in some aspect of sustainability.
• Sustainability Leadership: an operator who leads in various aspects of sustainability.
Closing date for entries is 30th April. Finalists will be notified by 14th May, and the winners announced at an awards reception on 7th June in Amsterdam. The awards reception will be co- hosted alongside the tenth European edition of the Sustainable Foods Summit, taking place in Amsterdam on June 7-8th.
Photo: A previous Sustainable Food Summit